Wednesday, May 11, 2011

English Hospitality !

English Hospitality



An American tourist in London wanders around, seeing the sights and occasionally stopping at some small pub to
have a pint of beer.
 After a while, he finds himself in a very nice neighbourhood with stately residences.
No pubs, no restaurants, and worst of all no public restrooms.

However, he really has to pee, after all those pints of beer. He finds a narrow side street, with high walls
surrounding the adjacent buildings and decides to use the wall to solve his problem.

He is tapped on the shoulder by a London Bobby, who says, "Sir, you simply cannot do that here."
"I'm very sorry, officer," replies the American, "but I really have to pee, and I just can't find a public
restroom."

"Just follow me" says the Bobby. Then he leads the American to a back delivery alley to a gate, which he opens.
"In there," points the Bobby, "Whiz away, Sir, anywhere you like!!"

The fellow enters and finds himself in the most beautiful garden he has ever seen.
 Manicured grass lawns, big fountains, sculptured hedges, and huge beds of flowers.

He relieves himself immediately.
As he goes back through the gate, he says to the Bobby "That was really nice
of you. Is that what you call English hospitality? "



"No, Sir..." replied the Bobby, "that is what we call the American Embassy".

Labels:

5 Comments:

At January 18, 2012 at 11:35 AM , Anonymous Lucas Nevada said...

LOL! Was that a true story! Hillarious!!!!

 
At January 20, 2012 at 3:02 PM , Blogger Unk Dicko said...

Hi Lucas,
I have no idea if that is a true story. But like you, I found it most hilarious too !
Thanks for dropping by. Will do more blogposts and add even more tickles for everyone.

 
At July 11, 2012 at 6:23 PM , Blogger hann said...

Hi Unk Dicko,

Is there any chance to contact you ?

Hann

 
At July 12, 2012 at 12:38 AM , Blogger Unk Dicko said...

Hello Hann,

You can contact me at my Facebook Page. I'm very active there. Pl look for DICK YIP in Fbook..my pic is there same as in my Owl blog. I do hope you have a FB account. If not let me know.

Unk Dicko

 
At February 25, 2013 at 3:26 PM , Anonymous Sharm said...

Hi I'm a researcher for a new OKTO program on Grandparents in the Arts, would love to feature you, please get in touch soon! pinkmovie@gmail.com

thanks sharm

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home